A 35-year-old man allegedly committed suicide by hanging himself in northeast Delhi’s Gokulpuri area on Thursday night. Preliminary investigation revealed that he was in heavy debt, but his family claimed he was depressed over not being able to deposit money in his account despite standing in long queues.
Police said the deceased was identified as Mohammad Shakeel. His body was handed over to the family after the post-mortem on Friday, a senior police officer said.
Shakeel’s family claimed that he had been visiting a bank branch nearby for the last few days to deposit installments for a loan he had taken, but he was unable to because of long queues following demonetisation of Rs 500 and Rs 1,000 notes. However, police said nothing of this sort had emerged during investigation.
“Shakeel had borrowed money from many people and was not able to pay them back. He was depressed over it and committed suicide,” said a police officer.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More