Divyansh’s father R H Meena wants action against the school. “The school is responsible for his death. My son was studying there for three years. There was a poem competition, that’s why he went to school,” said Meena, a radiology technician at AIIMS. “The principal called me at about 1.34 pm. I was told there is an emergency. When I shouted, she said it’s better for you to keep quiet. Police told me he (Divyansh) was found dead in a tank.”
- Seven year old drowns in septic tank: 3 families recount how their children met same fate
- Ryan student death: Police recover more CCTV footage, shows staff rushing child to hospital
- Ryan student's death: Postmortem report does not indicate sexual assault, says Bassi
- Death of Ryan student- ‘Sarfaroshi ki Tamanna’: Poem his father put in his blazer that day
- Ryan student’s death- We gave them our child, they returned a corpse to us: Father
- Ryan International School denies negligence: Found inside water tank on school premises, boy dead
Divyansh was last seen in the school before the 7th period, at about 12.20 pm, according to sources. Police said school authorities told them the he ran away from class. A few students also ran after him to stop him, but he vanished, said a police officer. The water tank is a fair distance away from his class, said the officer.
PTI reported Ryan principal, Sandhya Sabu, denied the allegations against the school. “This child was a special child, who was hyperactive. He had the tendency of running away from the classroom. We understand what the parents are going through at this moment of loss. The allegations are absolutely wrong.”
An FIR has been registered at Vasant Kunj North police station against unknown persons for causing death due to negligence.