Delhi Police’s North district unit launched its own Facebook and Twitter pages with an aim to establish an interface between the local police and the general public, becoming the first district unit to be on the social media in this process.
“We have launched our Facebook and Twitter pages in order to provide general public an easy and accessible interface so that they can communicate with us. We would post things which are relevant to the people of our area,” Deputy Commissioner of Police (North) Madhur Verma told PTI.
The Facebook page, named ‘DCP North Delhi’ was launched on Friday and within hours of it going online it had got 150 likes and 4.8 star rating. On Twitter, North Delhi Police is available by the username @dcpnorthdelhi the twitter handle was launched today.
Verma said that they would upload photos of wanted criminals and other things like sketches so that public can help them catch such elements.
“In one of the first posts, we have uploaded the sketch of a man who has robbed lockers at some residences in the area after posing as a duplicate key maker. This will help us catch the accused and also alert the locals about him,” he said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Another aim of the page is to provide recognition to the policemen who are involved in good work. We would upload photos of our personnel along with the work done by them whenever they perform any commendable job. This would give them a sense of appreciation while others will also get motivated, added Verma.