Delhi Police’s North district unit launched its own Facebook and Twitter pages with an aim to establish an interface between the local police and the general public, becoming the first district unit to be on the social media in this process.
“We have launched our Facebook and Twitter pages in order to provide general public an easy and accessible interface so that they can communicate with us. We would post things which are relevant to the people of our area,” Deputy Commissioner of Police (North) Madhur Verma told PTI.
The Facebook page, named ‘DCP North Delhi’ was launched on Friday and within hours of it going online it had got 150 likes and 4.8 star rating. On Twitter, North Delhi Police is available by the username @dcpnorthdelhi the twitter handle was launched today.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Verma said that they would upload photos of wanted criminals and other things like sketches so that public can help them catch such elements.
“In one of the first posts, we have uploaded the sketch of a man who has robbed lockers at some residences in the area after posing as a duplicate key maker. This will help us catch the accused and also alert the locals about him,” he said.
Another aim of the page is to provide recognition to the policemen who are involved in good work. We would upload photos of our personnel along with the work done by them whenever they perform any commendable job. This would give them a sense of appreciation while others will also get motivated, added Verma.