A Delhi Police team from Malviya Nagar has reached Bangalore city to arrest a Bangalore Police sub-inspector accused of rape.
A 28-year-old woman had filed a private complaint in a Delhi court, alleging that Dhananjaya B, a sub-inspector posted in Indiranagar police station in Bangalore, had married her without disclosing that he was already married and raped her. The court directed Malviya Nagar police to register a case and investigate the matter. Police registered an FIR on January 4 under IPC Sections 420 and 376.
The Delhi Police team arrived in Bangalore on Saturday. Joint Commissioner of Police for Law and Order (East) K V Sharath Chandra said the team collected information about Dhananjaya, who was recently transferred to the Cubbon Park traffic police station. “We informed them that Dhananjaya was transferred with effect from June 24,” Sharath Chandra said. Bangalore city traffic police said Dhananjaya has not yet reported for duty at Cubbon Park police station.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Sources close to Dhananjaya, however, said he was being blackmailed by the woman, whom he had married in a hotel in Delhi. She had escaped with his service revolver, walkie-talkie and wallet, the source said.
The source added that Dhananjaya had first met the woman at MG Road in December, 2012, while he was a sub-inspector with Ulsoor police station. She had reportedly told him that she was a model and was being forced to work in a bar. The two then started meeting regularly and after a while, she demanded that he marry her. When Dhananjaya refused and told her that he was married, she threatened to file a complaint against him or to go to the media, the source alleged.
The source said Dhananjaya took her to Nandi Hills, 50 km from Bangalore, on March 23 to discuss the matter. But they had a fight and met with an accident near Bangalore international Airport, while returning to the city. While the officer was injured, the source claimed that the woman left for Delhi.
The source alleged that Dhananjaya went to Delhi on March 27 to meet her, when she forced him to marry her. She demanded that he leave his wife and child. When he refused, she filed a police complaint.
Initially, Delhi Police refused to registered a case due to a jurisdictional problem. She then approached a court, which directed the Delhi Police to investigate the case.