A Delhi Police team from Malviya Nagar has reached Bangalore city to arrest a Bangalore Police sub-inspector accused of rape.
A 28-year-old woman had filed a private complaint in a Delhi court, alleging that Dhananjaya B, a sub-inspector posted in Indiranagar police station in Bangalore, had married her without disclosing that he was already married and raped her. The court directed Malviya Nagar police to register a case and investigate the matter. Police registered an FIR on January 4 under IPC Sections 420 and 376.
The Delhi Police team arrived in Bangalore on Saturday. Joint Commissioner of Police for Law and Order (East) K V Sharath Chandra said the team collected information about Dhananjaya, who was recently transferred to the Cubbon Park traffic police station. “We informed them that Dhananjaya was transferred with effect from June 24,” Sharath Chandra said. Bangalore city traffic police said Dhananjaya has not yet reported for duty at Cubbon Park police station.
Sources close to Dhananjaya, however, said he was being blackmailed by the woman, whom he had married in a hotel in Delhi. She had escaped with his service revolver, walkie-talkie and wallet, the source said.
The source added that Dhananjaya had first met the woman at MG Road in December, 2012, while he was a sub-inspector with Ulsoor police station. She had reportedly told him that she was a model and was being forced to work in a bar. The two then started meeting regularly and after a while, she demanded that he marry her. When Dhananjaya refused and told her that he was married, she threatened to file a complaint against him or to go to the media, the source alleged.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
The source said Dhananjaya took her to Nandi Hills, 50 km from Bangalore, on March 23 to discuss the matter. But they had a fight and met with an accident near Bangalore international Airport, while returning to the city. While the officer was injured, the source claimed that the woman left for Delhi.
The source alleged that Dhananjaya went to Delhi on March 27 to meet her, when she forced him to marry her. She demanded that he leave his wife and child. When he refused, she filed a police complaint.
Initially, Delhi Police refused to registered a case due to a jurisdictional problem. She then approached a court, which directed the Delhi Police to investigate the case.