In a major shake up in Delhi Police, 23 senior officers, some of them handling important assignments, have been transferred. As many as four Special Commissioners – next only to the Delhi Police Commissioner – have been changed, according to the transfer order issued on June 3.
The long overdue rejig was delayed because of Lok Sabha elections. Some of the officials, who have been recently promoted, were waiting for their postings. Muktesh Chandra, a 1988-batch IPS officer, who was serving as Joint Commissioner (PM Security), has been made Special Commissioner (Traffic) on promotion. He has replaced Mohd Taj Hassan, a 1987-batch IPS officer, who has been transferred as Special Commissioner (Crime), a key assignment in the national capital.
The vacancy was caused following transfer of Dharmendra Kumar, a 1984-batch IPS officer, to Mizoram on promotion. SBK Singh, a 1988-batch IPS officer, who was Joint Commissioner (Crime), has been promoted as Special Commissioner (Intelligence). Another 1988-batch IPS officer Shivangami Sundari, who was Joint Commissioner (Vigilance), has been promoted as Special Commissioner (Operations).
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
1996-batch IPS officer Paldan, who was Additional Commissioner (PCR), has been given the high profile post of Joint Commissioner (PM Security). 1995-batch IPS officer Ravindra Singh Yadav and 1996-batch IPS officer Anil Shukla, who were Additional Commissioners Crime and Traffic respectively, have been promoted as Joint Commissioner in the same units.
Sunil Garg, a 1992-batch IPS officer, who was Joint Commissioner (Rashtrapati Bhavan), and Amit Roy, a 1995-batch DANIPS officer, who was Deputy Commissioner of Police (Rashtrapati Bhavan), have become Joint Commissioner (Operations) and Deputy Commissioner of Police (Security) respectively.
Satish Golcha, a 1992-batch IPS officer has been made Joint Commissioner of the Economic Offences Wing.