In a major shake up in Delhi Police, 23 senior officers, some of them handling important assignments, have been transferred. As many as four Special Commissioners – next only to the Delhi Police Commissioner – have been changed, according to the transfer order issued on June 3.
The long overdue rejig was delayed because of Lok Sabha elections. Some of the officials, who have been recently promoted, were waiting for their postings. Muktesh Chandra, a 1988-batch IPS officer, who was serving as Joint Commissioner (PM Security), has been made Special Commissioner (Traffic) on promotion. He has replaced Mohd Taj Hassan, a 1987-batch IPS officer, who has been transferred as Special Commissioner (Crime), a key assignment in the national capital.
The vacancy was caused following transfer of Dharmendra Kumar, a 1984-batch IPS officer, to Mizoram on promotion. SBK Singh, a 1988-batch IPS officer, who was Joint Commissioner (Crime), has been promoted as Special Commissioner (Intelligence). Another 1988-batch IPS officer Shivangami Sundari, who was Joint Commissioner (Vigilance), has been promoted as Special Commissioner (Operations).
1996-batch IPS officer Paldan, who was Additional Commissioner (PCR), has been given the high profile post of Joint Commissioner (PM Security). 1995-batch IPS officer Ravindra Singh Yadav and 1996-batch IPS officer Anil Shukla, who were Additional Commissioners Crime and Traffic respectively, have been promoted as Joint Commissioner in the same units.
Sunil Garg, a 1992-batch IPS officer, who was Joint Commissioner (Rashtrapati Bhavan), and Amit Roy, a 1995-batch DANIPS officer, who was Deputy Commissioner of Police (Rashtrapati Bhavan), have become Joint Commissioner (Operations) and Deputy Commissioner of Police (Security) respectively.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Satish Golcha, a 1992-batch IPS officer has been made Joint Commissioner of the Economic Offences Wing.