Delhi Police Saturday launched a mobile application that will help senior citizens reach out to police quickly in emergency situations. On the occasion of the International Day of Older Persons, the app — ‘Delhi Police Senior Citizen’ — was launched by Lieutenant Governor Najeeb Jung and Police Commissioner Alok Kumar Verma.
“Those registered on the App will have the facility of pressing an SOS button to make an emergency call to the senior citizens helpline’ — 1291. An alert will go to the 24X7 control room, with the location of the caller, and a simultaneous alert in the form of an SMS will go to the area station house officer, beat officer and a pre-assigned contact,” said Verma.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
Jung asked police to hold awareness camps so that the elderly who are not tech- savvy get to know about the app. “… I would request the commissioner to organise camps at a local level,” he said. Addressing the gathering of elderly people at the event, Jung said, “It’s my request to you to take this app seriously. Even if you fall in the bathroom, you can call the police. We need to reciprocate to make this app successful. We have to help Delhi Police and trust them.”
Presently, 27,645 senior citizens are registered with Delhi Police.