Another JNU student, Ashutosh, who the police was looking out for in connection with the sedition case, joined investigation today after receiving a police summon.
Ashutosh, who is JNUSU president Kanhaiya Kumar’s predecessor, is one of the five students, including Umar Khalid and Anirban Bhattacharya, who resurfaced in the varsity’s campus on Sunday night.
Ashutosh received the summon yesterday night and produced himself today at RK Puram Police Station, where Khalid and Anirban are presently being interrogated, a police official said.
Other two students, Rama Naga and Anant Kumar, are yet to receive any police summon. They had earlier written to police that they are ready to join investigation too.
- Delhi government gives clean chit to Kanhaiya
- Sedition case: Former JNUSU head questioned for 10 hours
- JNU row: Umar Khalid, Anirban Bhattacharya's police custody extended by 2 more days
- JNU row: Umar, Bhattacharya surrender
- JNU row: University officials to discuss resurfacing of five students
- JNU row: Umar return to campus, cops hover outside
The five of them resurfaced at the campus on Sunday night and a day later, Khalid and Anirban surrendered before police.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
The police was looking out for all five of them in connection with the sedition case which led to the arrest of Kanhaiya Kumar on February 12.
Yesterday, the police interrogated Kumar, Khalid and Anirban together for the first time.
With that, the police have identified around 22 persons who were active participants in the controversial February 9 event, police said, adding Ashutosh, Khalid, Anirban and few others are believed to be organisers of the event in which anti-national slogans were allegedly raised.