In a drive against errant policemen, Delhi Police launched a Whatsapp helpline number (9910641064) where one can send audio or video clips if any cop seeks bribe or harasses a person.
“The new helpline was launched on August 6 and the response so far has been encouraging. People can do a sort of sting operation and sent the audio or video clip on this number via WhatsApp,” said Deputy Commissioner of Police(Vigilance) Sindhu Pillai.
Delhi Police has put out advertisements in all popular Hindi and English newspapers as well as on FM channels to raise awareness about the new helpline.
The new helpline is the brainchild of Delhi Police Commissioner B S Bassi who wants the force to be corruption free.
“Once we get an audio or video clip, it will be checked at the Forensic Science Laboratory for its genuineness and once the authenticity is established, action will be taken against the errant policeman. So far we have got one genuine complaint and action is being taken in this regard,” said Pillai.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Anybody who will be found guilty in this connection will be booked under Section 7 (public servant taking gratification other than legal remuneration in respect of an official act) and Section 13 (criminal misconduct by a public servant) of the Prevention of Corruption Act and other sections under the Indian Penal Code.
If found guilty, the officer will be suspended and arrested immediately, police said.
“Other than sending the audio-video clip on the popular messaging App, people can also email them to email@example.com,” said Pillai.
The Whatsapp helpline is in addition to the existing helpline numbers — 1064 and 1800111064 — which at present has four lines attended by at least 20 constables and head constables who work round the clock under the guidance of an inspector.