Weeks after the son of a retired Delhi Police sub-inspector was hacked to death outside his house at Bakner village near Narela, police claimed Monday to have unravelled the conspiracy with the arrest of two persons.
According to police, these two persons were hired by a cousin of the victim. Incidentally, the cousin is lodged in Rohini jail in a separate murder case and he gave the contract for killing Vikas, 42, to Pramod alias Bunty (25) and Pawan alias Mohit (22) for Rs 5 lakh, said police.
- Gangrape of call centre employee: DNA sample of second accused matches with swabs taken from victim’s clothes
- Chandigarh: Two get life term for student’s murder
- New Delhi: 38-year-old man, his associate shot dead over property dispute
- Asaram Bapu rape case verdict: Two aides handed 20 years each, two acquitted
- Mainpuri: Two BJP leaders booked for woman’s murder
- Delhi: Gang kingpin’s cousin held after exchange of fire
Police suspect Himanshu called the accused duo, both from Haryana, from jail and are trying to gather evidence against him to seek his remand. Police said Himanshu harboured a grudge against his cousin.
Sources said Pramod and Pawan were detained Saturday afternoon when they reportedly came to Rohini court to surrender in connection with four carjacking incidents.
On June 5, Vikas was walking near his house when unidentified bike-borne men came and slit his throat. A case of murder was registered against unknown persons at Narela police station. “Police started investigation and found out that the deceased had a family rivalry with relatives and one of the victim’s cousin, Himanshu was lodged in Rohini Jail in a murder case,” said a police officer who did not want to be named.
Investigators later zeroed in on Pramod and Pawan with the help of technical surveillance.
“During interrogation, the arrested persons said they first tried to shoot Vikas, but he caught hold of the weapon. Later, they stabbed Vikas several times in the abdominal area before slitting his throat and fleeing. Police have recovered the pistol and motorbike from the possession of the accused,” added the officer.