After Saturday’s stone-pelting incident in east Delhi’s Trilokpuri, Delhi Police have made elaborate security arrangements to avert any untoward incident during the Tazia procession during Muharram Wednesday.
In Trilokpuri, police have decided to deploy at least five companies of paramilitary forces across the locality till Valmiki Jayanti on October 16. The area had witnessed a month-long curfew in 2014 after a communal clash during Diwali.
Sources said in areas such as Bawana, Mehrauli and Karbala, police have diverted routes of some Tazia processions in anticipation of possible untoward incidents.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
Taking precautionary measures, police have restricted a few routes for commuters till Wednesday evening. The routes include Matia Mahal Chowk, Jama Masjid, Chawri Bazar, Chowk Hauz Qazi, Ajmeri Gate, Paharganj Bridge, New Delhi railway station, Chemsford Road, Connaught Place, Parliament Street, Red Cross Road, Jama Masjid, Raisina Road, Vijay Chowk, Krishna Menon Marg, Tughlak Road, Aurobindo Marg, Jor Bagh and Lodhi Colony.
Police have advised people heading towards New Delhi Railway Station on Wednesday, especially those who have to catch evening trains, to leave early.
To reach the station, commuters have been advised to avoid taking the Connaught Place route. Police said commuters can get to the Ajmeri Gate side of the station through Tilak Marg, Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Marg or through Rajghat and Jawaharlal Nehru Marg, depending on the movement of the processions.
Paramilitary personnel will also be deployed on some routes Wednesday, said an officer adding that local police have also been asked to keep tabs during the event.