The body of an 11-year-old girl, who went missing Tuesday afternoon, was found inside a gunny sack in northeast Delhi’s New Usmanpur area Wednesday morning, said police. She was naked and her hands were tied with a rope, police added. Investigators have not ruled out the possibility of sexual assault, but are waiting for the post-mortem report.
“A case has been registered under section 302 (murder) IPC and investigations are on,” said A K Singla, DCP (northeast).
Watch What Else Is making News
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
- 24 Maoists Killed In Encounter In Odisha
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
The girl, a Class V student in a government school, lived with her parents and younger brother, said an officer. “On Tuesday around 1 pm, her mother asked her to buy some eatables from a nearby shop. She went out but did not return. After an hour, her mother started searching for her and informed her husband,” the officer added.
Her father informed police. “On Wednesday morning, some locals found the body in a sack and informed police,” said the officer.