A 30-year-old woman ticket operator at Shahdara Metro station in east Delhi has accused the station controller of molesting her while on duty, said police.
According to police, a case under sections 354 (assault or criminal force to woman with intent to outrage her modesty) and 509 (gesture or act intended to insult the modesty of a woman) of the Indian Penal Code has been registered at Shastri Park Metro police station Saturday.
- Sexual harassment allegations against JNU professor: Eight complaints but one FIR, police face protests in Atul Johri case
- ‘Blackmailed by hacker’, Delhi woman attempts suicide
- Attack on woman lawyer’s counsel: After Delhi High Court rap, cops lodge FIR, seek nod for raid
- Delhi photographer murder: Everything you need to know
- DU professor accused of molesting student
- US woman alleges molestation by NRI at a five-star hotel in Delhi
Police said they are questioning the accused. The woman, in her complaint, alleged that the accused tried to touch her inappropriately and threatened her of dire consequences when she resisted.
She also alleged that the accused had abused her on previous occasions. Investigation into the incident is underway, said police.