Over 27 lakh commuters travelled in the Delhi Metro on Monday, the highest till date. According to DMRC Executive Director (Corporate Communications) Anuj Dayal, the highest footfall of passengers was recorded between Dwarka sector 21 to Noida City Centre or Vaishali (Line 3/4) with 10,23,245 commuters using the services.
As many as 9,62,428 commuters used the services to travel between Jahangirpuri to HUDA City Centre (Line 2) and 3,82,188 passengers travelled from Dilshad Garden to Rithala (Line 1).
On the new extention of Line 6, upto Mandi House, the passenger footfall has increased on the Central Secretariat via Mandi House to Badarpur line. About 2,18,734 ridership was recorded on this line. Between Inderlok/Kirti Nagar and Mundka (Line 5) as many as 99,357 commuters travelled on Monday.
The number of passengers using metro network upto Rapid Metro’s network and vice versa is 19,855. The total ridership on August 4 was 27,05,807 lakhs. “In order to handle and prepare for the increased ridership in the Delhi Metro, DMRC has taken a slew of measures, like additional 136 coaches have been added since last year to covert four coach trains into six coach trainsand similarly, six coach trains into eight coach trains on different lines,” Dayal said.
The maximum number of eight coach trains are plying on line 2, 3&4 and 6 coach trains on Line 1. An average speed of trains has also been increased from 33 kmph to 36 kmph. During peak hour, the headways between trains in Line 2 has improved from 2 minutes 38 seconds to 2 minutes 18 seconds and in Line 3/4 improved from 2 minutes 45 seconds to 2 minutes 36 seconds.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
200 additional Automatic Fare Collection Gates have also been installed at various stations. Delhi Metro’s network is among the fastest growing networks in the world. It has extended to 190 kms of operational network since it started its operations in 2002and is carrying quarter a million of passengers every day.