A day after monsoon showers lashed the national capital, Delhiites woke up to a humid morning with the minimum temperature settling at 27.4 degrees Celsius.
The humidity in air was recorded at 85 per cent while the minimum temperature was recorded at 27.4 degrees Celcius, four notches below normal for this time of the season, a MeT official said.
The weatherman has predicted light rains or thundershowers in later part of the day.
- Shimla experiences season’s first snowfall; Delhi temperature dips after light rains
- Thursday was Delhi’s hottest January day in eight years
- After dipping to 13.6, mercury crosses 20 degrees in Mumbai
- Misty morning in Delhi; train operations disrupted
- Delhi weather: Cloudy morning in city, overnight rains lead to rise in minimum temperature
- Delhi reels under high humidity, little rain may bring respite
The maximum temperature is likely to settle at 34 degrees Celsius, the official said.
Showers brought down the mercury yesterday providing much-needed respite to Delhiites who had been reeling under hot and humid conditions for the past several days.
The maximum temperature was recorded at 38.4 degrees Celsius, while the minimum temperature was 31.2 degrees