A man allegedly killed his 12-year-old stepson after an argument with his wife in West Delhi’s Nihal Vihar area, said police Saturday. The accused, identified as Sewa Ram, is on the run and police have formed teams to nab him.
“Sewa Ram stabbed the child, Vishwajit, with a knife Thursday night after an argument with his wife, Vidya. She had refused to accompany him to his village because Vishwajit had examinations,” said a police officer. “Sewa Ram attacked Vishwajit’s face. By the time Vidya could raise an alarm, he fled.”
- 53-year-old man killed as speeding motorcycle hits him
- Delhi: Man objects to friends smoking, they shoot him dead
- Six-year-old raped in a south Delhi school, housekeeping staff arrested
- Two dead after car hits truck, driver drags vehicle for 50 metres
- Delhi: Teen killed by friend in fight over whitener, instigator too held Cops say
- Suspecting man kills wife and son in Pune, surrenders
Vidya fainted and it was the neighbours who informed the police. Vishwajit was rushed to hospital, where he succumbed to injuries Friday, said the police.
Vidya is in shock and her statement has not been recorded so far, said the officer. Vishwajit was Vidya’s son from an earlier marriage. She married Sewa Ram around nine years ago and he brought them to Delhi, said the police.