A man allegedly killed his 12-year-old stepson after an argument with his wife in West Delhi’s Nihal Vihar area, said police Saturday. The accused, identified as Sewa Ram, is on the run and police have formed teams to nab him.
“Sewa Ram stabbed the child, Vishwajit, with a knife Thursday night after an argument with his wife, Vidya. She had refused to accompany him to his village because Vishwajit had examinations,” said a police officer. “Sewa Ram attacked Vishwajit’s face. By the time Vidya could raise an alarm, he fled.”
- Noida: Man sets himself on fire over marriage trouble, father-in-law dies trying to save him
- Delhi: 90-year-old man found with wife’s body in Kalkaji house
- Former neighbour stabs businessman, 52, to death in Karol Bagh
- In fit of rage, man slits wife’s throat, stabs himself
- S-I suspect in helps murder,on the run
- Worker falls in manhole,dies
Vidya fainted and it was the neighbours who informed the police. Vishwajit was rushed to hospital, where he succumbed to injuries Friday, said the police.
Vidya is in shock and her statement has not been recorded so far, said the officer. Vishwajit was Vidya’s son from an earlier marriage. She married Sewa Ram around nine years ago and he brought them to Delhi, said the police.