A 21-year-old man has been arrested from Ghaziabad for allegedly making a hoax call about blowing up the Delhi police headquarters, police said on Monday. The youth, identified as Sonu, allegedly made a call to Ghaziabad police control room on September 22, impersonating as his friend Manoj Kumar and said that he will blow up the police headquarters on September 23, a senior police officer said.
He later made a second call and threatened about shooting dead the cops stationed outside police headquarters, he said. The Ghaziabad Police conveyed the message to their Delhi counterparts. In wake of the Uri attack and intelligence inputs of a terror threat on the national capital, the premises was thoroughly scanned and it turned out that it was a hoax call.
Watch What Else Is making News
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
A case was registered at the IP Estate police station and investigation was initiated in the matter, police said.
Police located Manoj from Ghaziabad but he denied about making a threat call. He expressed suspicion about his friend Sonu who was arrested on October 1 from Ghaziabad’s Khoda Colony, said the officer.
Sonu confessed to making a hoax call just to take revenge from his friend Manoj, police said.
“Sonu and Manoj are good friends and Sonu used to visit Manoj’s house often. Once Sonu was scolded by Manoj for joking with his wife. This angered Sonu who thought of making a hoax call by impersonating as Manoj,” said the officer.
Sonu was arrested and has been sent to 14 days’ judicial custody, he added.