A senior staff of Lalit Kala Akademi has complained to Delhi Police against K K Mittal, Additional Secretary in the Ministry of Culture and administrator of the organisation, alleging that he “harassed and abused” her, said sources.
The complaint was made at Tilak Marg police station on May 5, but no case has been registered as police are still investigating the matter, the sources added.
DCP (New Delhi district) Jatin Narwal said they had received the complaint. On the delay in registering an FIR, he said before doing so, it was important to conduct a proper inquiry and police were recording the statements of all the persons related to the matter.
- Woman accuses Latur cops of atrocity: Women panel seeks report from Maharashtra police
- Soul Searching
- Finish CBI probe against suspended Lalit Kala Akademi secretary in 4 weeks, says Delhi High Court
- Secretary under cloud, Ministry seals Lalit Kala Akademi’s record room
- Govt quashes suspension of Lalit Kala Akademi Secretary Sudhakar Sharma
- Buzz at Museum, Lalit Kala Akademi but it’s not about art
Refuting the allegations against him, Mittal said in a statement that the complainant had been putting up files in a manipulative and misleading way. In her complaint the woman has alleged Mittal called her to his chamber on May 4 and asked her how she calculated the break-up of the unit cost of activities. She alleged he “looked unhappy” after she replied she had prepared the break-up following the directions of the secretary.
She alleged he asked her why the financial assistance of a Madhya Pradesh-based Arts college had not been released and without giving her chance, abused her. Rejecting her allegations, Mittal said, “She was found to be responsible for delaying payments of several Art colleges… Her intentional misleading and manipulative attitude and harassing of the government colleges compelled me to caution her on May 4…”