A juvenile court judge from Delhi met with an accident on the Yamuna Expressway on Thursday night while he was on his way to Agra along with his family, police said.
Judge C Ramaswamy lost his wife Kavita (35) and his 18-month-old son in the accident. The judge himself and his eight-year-old daughter sustained severe injuries, police said.
According to police, the accident was reported near Tentigaon along the Yamuna Expressway around 8.30 pm.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
“They were driving at a high speed and were behind a truck when the accident took place. The truck applied brakes suddenly, but the judge couldn’t react in time. Their Ford Endeavour rammed headlong into the truck. They were rushed to Kailash Hospital in Greater Noida, where his wife and son were declared brought dead,” a police officer said.
An official at Kailash Hospital said Ramaswamy and his daughter had been admitted around 10 pm and were in ICU. “Ramaswamy is stable. But his daughter has sustained a head injury,” the official said.