Delhi PWD minister Satyendar Jain Friday said the Delhi government will seek public opinion on the implementation of the app-based premium bus service that has been “put on hold” after Lieutenant Governor Najeeb Jung red-flagged the proposal earlier this week.
“The government has decided to seek public opinion on the app-based scheme, as asked by the LG, while refusing to give a go-ahead to it. For this, we will issue the email-id on Monday or Tuesday,” said Jain.
The Anti-Corruption Branch (ACB) of the Delhi government has launched a probe into the scheme, on the basis of a complaint by BJP MLA and Leader of Opposition in Delhi Assembly Vijender Gupta, who had alleged that the government was trying to favour a Gurgaon-based private bus aggregator by launching the scheme.
The premium bus service, under which seats can be booked through a mobile app, was scheduled to be launched this month.