The Rail Budget may have been greeted with uproar in Parliament, but the Delhi division, which comes under the Northern Railway, has much to cheer. A slew of measures, including making certain sectors “high speed”, 10 new trains, three new lines, and the extension of the “run” of three existing trains has been announced for the division.
The budget proposed that the Railways set up food courts serving regional cuisine in major stations. “It has been proposed that food courts be set up at major stations to provide the option of ordering regional cuisine while travelling on trains. This can done through emails, SMS and phone apps. A pilot project will be started shortly between New Delhi-Amritsar and New Delhi-Jammu Tawi sections,” a senior Northern Railway official said.
It was also announced that the speed of existing trains would be upgraded in three sectors in the Delhi division.
“We will increase the speed by upgrading the present network. An effort will be made to increase the speed of trains to 160-200 kmph in select sectors so as to significantly reduce travel time between major cities. The identified sectors are Delhi-Agra, Delhi-Chandigarh and Delhi-Kanpur,” the official said.
The budget also announced three new lines in the Delhi division which are Jind-Hissar, Una-Hamirpur and Hissar-Narwana.
Ten new trains that were announced are Saharasa-Anand Vihar Jansadharan Express via Motihari, Mumbai Central-New Delhi Premium AC Express, Secunderabad-Hazrat Nizamuddin Premium AC Express, Vijayawada NewDelhi AP Express, Naharlagun-New Delhi, Nizamuddin-Pune, Gorakhpur-Anand Vihar Express, New Delhi Bathinda Shatabdi Express, New Delhi-Varanasi Express as well as a Palwal-Delhi-Aligarh passenger train. Additionally, the Sasaram Garib Rath Express will now extend from Sasaram to Gaya, while the Delhi Sriganganagar Express will run up to Bikaner and the Bhopal Shatabdi will go all the way to Habibganj.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016