The Rail Budget may have been greeted with uproar in Parliament, but the Delhi division, which comes under the Northern Railway, has much to cheer. A slew of measures, including making certain sectors “high speed”, 10 new trains, three new lines, and the extension of the “run” of three existing trains has been announced for the division.
The budget proposed that the Railways set up food courts serving regional cuisine in major stations. “It has been proposed that food courts be set up at major stations to provide the option of ordering regional cuisine while travelling on trains. This can done through emails, SMS and phone apps. A pilot project will be started shortly between New Delhi-Amritsar and New Delhi-Jammu Tawi sections,” a senior Northern Railway official said.
It was also announced that the speed of existing trains would be upgraded in three sectors in the Delhi division.
“We will increase the speed by upgrading the present network. An effort will be made to increase the speed of trains to 160-200 kmph in select sectors so as to significantly reduce travel time between major cities. The identified sectors are Delhi-Agra, Delhi-Chandigarh and Delhi-Kanpur,” the official said.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
The budget also announced three new lines in the Delhi division which are Jind-Hissar, Una-Hamirpur and Hissar-Narwana.
Ten new trains that were announced are Saharasa-Anand Vihar Jansadharan Express via Motihari, Mumbai Central-New Delhi Premium AC Express, Secunderabad-Hazrat Nizamuddin Premium AC Express, Vijayawada NewDelhi AP Express, Naharlagun-New Delhi, Nizamuddin-Pune, Gorakhpur-Anand Vihar Express, New Delhi Bathinda Shatabdi Express, New Delhi-Varanasi Express as well as a Palwal-Delhi-Aligarh passenger train. Additionally, the Sasaram Garib Rath Express will now extend from Sasaram to Gaya, while the Delhi Sriganganagar Express will run up to Bikaner and the Bhopal Shatabdi will go all the way to Habibganj.