Several cases of cash and jewellery theft in various apartments in the East District area were solved on Friday with the arrest of Nadeem Qureshi, a resident of Farid Nagar, who has been involved in similar burglaries in other cities, said police.
Nadeem has allegedly been involved in several such crimes over the last 21 years, during which he broke into over 500 apartments across the country, police said.
- Crime Branch arrests vehicle lifter with 175 cases lodged against him
- Employee steals jewellery worth Rs 18 lakh from shop, hunt on
- Uttarakhand man shot by cattle thieves, one held
- Customs official’s family loses Rs 12 lakh jewellery during train journey to Vijaywada
- Three held for snatching, thefts
- After 21 yrs and 500 burglaries across 8 states, police arrest man from capital
He and his accomplices would pick the buildings with lax security, a police officer said.
He was finally arrested in a raid near Cross River Mall, in Shahdara, as a result of the efforts of the special staff of East District, which was deployed to crack the case.
His car, allegedly bought using stolen money and used for the thefts, was recovered.