Several cases of cash and jewellery theft in various apartments in the East District area were solved on Friday with the arrest of Nadeem Qureshi, a resident of Farid Nagar, who has been involved in similar burglaries in other cities, said police.
Nadeem has allegedly been involved in several such crimes over the last 21 years, during which he broke into over 500 apartments across the country, police said.
- Snatching, two cases of theft reported; two arrested
- Metiabruz: Man ‘commits suicide’ inside police station
- Mumbai: Five, including minor, held for chain-snatching, thefts
- Aspiring singer arrested for theft: He tried his hand at Indian Idol, taekwondo, and then armed robbery
- Eyebrow shape helps police identify, nab masked robber; Rs 8 lakh recovered
- After 21 yrs and 500 burglaries across 8 states, police arrest man from capital
He and his accomplices would pick the buildings with lax security, a police officer said.
He was finally arrested in a raid near Cross River Mall, in Shahdara, as a result of the efforts of the special staff of East District, which was deployed to crack the case.
His car, allegedly bought using stolen money and used for the thefts, was recovered.