Delhi Police have made elaborate security arrangements to prevent any untoward incident during the immersion of idols of Durga Tuesday.
Police have also issued prohibitory orders against the use of any flying object during the festival season.
According to orders issued Monday, there will be “restrictions on any sort of paragliders, paramotors, hang gliders, UAVs, UASs, microlight aircrafts, remotely piloted aircrafts, hot air balloons, small size powered aircrafts, quadcopters and para-jumping from aircraft” during the festive season. The orders will remain in force till November 6, said a press note issued by the Delhi Police.
“There will be traffic restrictions on a few roads and at least 10 companies of paramilitary personnel will be deployed at various locations Tuesday. A large number of police personnel will also be deployed Wednesday during Muharram,” said a police officer.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
Joint Commissioner of Police (traffic) Garima Bhatnagar said, “From 1 pm to 5 pm on Tuesday, traffic will be affected on Mandir Marg, Panchkuian Road, Connaught Place Outer Circle, Minto Road, Deen Dayal Upadhyay Marg, Bahadur Shah Zafar Marg, Jawaharlal Nehru Marg, Chittaranjan Park, Outer Ring Road from Chirag Delhi Flyover till Mathura Road, Maa Anand Mai Marg, Josip Broz Tito Marg, Nehru Place due to processions.”
She added that Ring Road/Outer Ring Road from Rajghat till Burari via ISBT, Majnu Ka Tila, Boulevard Road, Wazirabad Road including Wazirabad Bridge, Yamuna Bridge-Vikas Marg will be affected between 2 pm and 8 pm.
Traffic on Pushta Road Gandhi Nagar, Khajuri Pushta Road, Sonia Vihar Pushta Road, Mathura Road, G D Birla Marg (Road No. 13A) will be affected between 3 pm and 8 pm.
Traffic will be regulated on Wazirabad bridge and Yamuna Pushta Road due to the processions. Parking facilities for vehicles in processions have been provided near the U-turn, Sanyas Ashram on Shahdara loop, Kudesiya Ghat, Geeta Ghat, Shyam Ghat, Hathi Ghat, Kalindi Kunj, and Mayur Vihar Extension Ghat.
“There will also be restrictions on movement of traffic after 5 pm on Netaji Subhash Marg, Nishad Raj Marg (New Darya Ganj Road), Jawaharlal Nehru Marg and Turkman Gate, depending on the crowd,” added the officer.