A Delhi court on Wednesday awarded death penalty to three youths for abduction, gangrape and murder of a 19-year-old girl in 2012.
“Death to all three (Rahul, Ravi and Vinod),” Additional Sessions Judge Virender Bhat said.
After hearing the sentence, the three convicts pleaded for mercy but the court did not pay any attention, saying the case falls in the category of rarest of rare.
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
The court had on Friday last convicted Rahul (27), Ravi (23) and Vinod (23) for abduction, gangrape and murder of the girl, whose mutilated and decomposed body was recovered after three days from a village in Haryana in 2012.
Holding that the girl was killed in a cold blooded manner, Bhat on February 13 had held the trio guilty of the offences and said they “gratified their sexual lust upon the deceased by subjecting her to rape one by one”.
The Delhi Police had sought death penalty for the three youths.
The three accused were arrested and booked for offences of kidnapping, unnatural sex, gang-rape and murder of a girl on intervening night of February 9 and 10, 2012. The court, however, acquitted the three of the charges of unnatural sex saying no such evidence was found against them.
According to the prosecution, the girl, who was working as a data entry operator in Gurgaon’s Cyber City, was kidnapped by the three youths in a car near her house in Qutub Vihar here and was gang-raped and murdered by them on February 9, 2012.
The girl was kidnapped by the three youths when she along with three colleagues was coming back from her Gurgaon office. The three youths had poured acid into the victim’s eyes and had inserted a broken liquor bottle into her private parts.
The prosecutor said that Ravi and Rahul, who were residing in that area as tenants, were brothers and had planned to take revenge on the girl as she had rejected Ravi’s advances.
(With PTI inputs)