A Delhi court on Wednesday awarded death penalty to three youths for abduction, gangrape and murder of a 19-year-old girl in 2012.
“Death to all three (Rahul, Ravi and Vinod),” Additional Sessions Judge Virender Bhat said.
After hearing the sentence, the three convicts pleaded for mercy but the court did not pay any attention, saying the case falls in the category of rarest of rare.
The court had on Friday last convicted Rahul (27), Ravi (23) and Vinod (23) for abduction, gangrape and murder of the girl, whose mutilated and decomposed body was recovered after three days from a village in Haryana in 2012.
Holding that the girl was killed in a cold blooded manner, Bhat on February 13 had held the trio guilty of the offences and said they “gratified their sexual lust upon the deceased by subjecting her to rape one by one”.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
The Delhi Police had sought death penalty for the three youths.
The three accused were arrested and booked for offences of kidnapping, unnatural sex, gang-rape and murder of a girl on intervening night of February 9 and 10, 2012. The court, however, acquitted the three of the charges of unnatural sex saying no such evidence was found against them.
According to the prosecution, the girl, who was working as a data entry operator in Gurgaon’s Cyber City, was kidnapped by the three youths in a car near her house in Qutub Vihar here and was gang-raped and murdered by them on February 9, 2012.
The girl was kidnapped by the three youths when she along with three colleagues was coming back from her Gurgaon office. The three youths had poured acid into the victim’s eyes and had inserted a broken liquor bottle into her private parts.
The prosecutor said that Ravi and Rahul, who were residing in that area as tenants, were brothers and had planned to take revenge on the girl as she had rejected Ravi’s advances.
(With PTI inputs)