CONGRESS’S two-time MLA from Mustafabad Assembly constituency, Hasan Ahmad (62), was attacked by youths in a hotel in Lucknow’s Qaiserbaigh area on Friday evening.
The youths were irked because Ahmad had allegedly made remarks against Shia cleric Kalbe Jawwad, police said. The incident occurred when MLA was meeting journalists at the hotel.
Police said the assailants had fled by the time they reached the hotel. The MLA has filed a complaint against unidentified persons at the Qaiserbagh police station. No one has been arrested so far.
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
“I had called certain journalists to the hotel I was staying in and had not even started speaking, when a group of youths suddenly entered the hotel and started manhandling me, alleging that I had come here to speak against Shia cleric Kalbe Jawwad,” Ahmad said.
He claimed that he had been sent by AICC as an observer for the Lucknow Lok Sabha seat.
Inspector R B Sahu said Hasan held a press meet at the hotel. During this meet, Sahu said, unidentified miscreants entered the hall, argued with the MLA and manhandled him for allegedly making remarks against Kalbe Jawwad.
Congress spokesperson Virendra Madan condemned the incident. “It is sad that people resorted to such a violent way of protest and manhandled our MLA. We condemn the incident,” he said.
Senior Congress leader Shiraj Mehdi said they would approach the Election Commission “if police does not take appropriate action within 24 hours”.