CONGRESS’S two-time MLA from Mustafabad Assembly constituency, Hasan Ahmad (62), was attacked by youths in a hotel in Lucknow’s Qaiserbaigh area on Friday evening.
The youths were irked because Ahmad had allegedly made remarks against Shia cleric Kalbe Jawwad, police said. The incident occurred when MLA was meeting journalists at the hotel.
Police said the assailants had fled by the time they reached the hotel. The MLA has filed a complaint against unidentified persons at the Qaiserbagh police station. No one has been arrested so far.
“I had called certain journalists to the hotel I was staying in and had not even started speaking, when a group of youths suddenly entered the hotel and started manhandling me, alleging that I had come here to speak against Shia cleric Kalbe Jawwad,” Ahmad said.
He claimed that he had been sent by AICC as an observer for the Lucknow Lok Sabha seat.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Inspector R B Sahu said Hasan held a press meet at the hotel. During this meet, Sahu said, unidentified miscreants entered the hall, argued with the MLA and manhandled him for allegedly making remarks against Kalbe Jawwad.
Congress spokesperson Virendra Madan condemned the incident. “It is sad that people resorted to such a violent way of protest and manhandled our MLA. We condemn the incident,” he said.
Senior Congress leader Shiraj Mehdi said they would approach the Election Commission “if police does not take appropriate action within 24 hours”.