In a booster for Arvind Kejriwal, the Jamaat-e-Islami Hind has announced its support for the AAP leader in Varanasi.
Jamaat’s latest list for eastern Uttar Pradesh also names Samajwadi Party supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav from Azamgarh seat, Congress president Sonia Gandhi from Rae Bareli and Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi from Amethi, Mukhtar Ansari of Qaumi Ekta Dal from Ghosi, his brother Afzal Ansari from Balia, BSP’s Akbar Ahmad Dumpy from Gonda as candidates the Jamaat thinks suitable.
TAKING A BREAK
HE has been in the thick of political action for more than a week ever since the UPA government decided to appoint a High Court judge to head the panel to probe the snooping row and abandoned the plan under pressure from allies. And before that he had to undertake a gruelling campaign to save his Lok Sabha seat. Finally, it is time for Kapil Sibal to unwind.
The Union Law Minister will be away from all action for 10 days as he is leaving for a vacation abroad. Sources close to him say he will return only on May 15, on the eve of the counting day.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
INUNDATED with complaints of poll rigging in states like West Bengal, Uttar Pradesh and Bihar, the Election Commission has now asked the Chief Electoral Officers of seven states, where polls are due on May 7 and 12, to set up a separate control room to monitor the coverage on the local media.
“Once any untoward event is reported about the polling station, immediate response will be activated without waiting for any other formal report or complaint,” the EC directed. Also, having been blamed for “inaction” in several instances, the EC has now asked these seven Chief Electoral Officers to respond to any untoward incident or complaint “within 30 minutes” and quickly ascertain the facts.