IN AN effort to reach out to women who have faced gender-based crimes, the Delhi Commission for Women (DCW) will run 11 one-stop centres in districts across the national capital to address their issues.
“A one-stop centre will be opened in every district in the capital and they will be run by the DCW. The decision was taken last month. These centres will be funded by the Union Ministry of Women and Child Development. The commissions has sent a proposal regarding the same to Union Minister Maneka Gandhi,” said a senior DCW official.
The announcements were made by DCW Chairperson Swati Maliwal Sunday and comes a month after Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal and Union Minister for Women and Child Development met to discuss the issue.
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
Maliwal has shared a detailed plan of action in this regard with Maneka Gandhi, said officials.
“These one-stop centres will provide medical, legal, psychological and other facilities to women who have been victims in cases of rape, harassment, dowry, etc,” said an official.
“These centres will extend work of the DCW’s Crime Intervention Cell (CIS) and Rape Crisis Cell (RCC). Through these one-stop centres, the DCW can reach out to more women and assist them,” added the