Delhi BJP on Sunday demanded the dismissal of Sheila Dikshit as Governor of Kerala in the wake of scathing remarks by the CAG over alleged irregularities in the development works in unauthorised colonies.
“We have urged Lt Governor to write to Central Government to relieve Sheila Dikshit as the Kerala Governor. Besides, BJP has also called upon LG to direct the concerned departments of Delhi government to lodge police cases against the former Delhi Chief Minister,” Delhi BJP chief Satish Upadhyay said.
He claimed that the Sheila Dikshit government had indulged in corruption even in 2012-13, her last year before elections.
“Citizen of Delhi can well understand that if a government can indulge in corruption in its last year what they must have done in their 15 years rule,” Upadhyay alleged.
The Delhi BJP chief also said that a special meeting of party leaders was held to discuss the CAG report and expressed that it was the matter of grave concern that Congress Government all along in the tenure “fooled the people” of unauthorised colonies.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
“Before 2008 elections, hollow Regularisation Certificates were distributed, then dreams of opening registry were shown even as no development work was done on ground and now, this CAG report has shocked people that in 2012-13 alone a scam of Rs 3,000 crore was done in the name of development work in the unauthorised colonies,” Upadhyay alleged.
He also said that similarly DSIIDC spent Rs 206 crore on laying of roads in colonies where the roads were later dug up for laying of sewer and water lines.
“The work of laying water lines and drainage in JJ colonies too saw major scams. Of the listed 685 JJ colonies, CAG could find water lines in only 158 colonies and even as Rs 49 crore were shown to have been spent on providing drainage, CAG could not find drainage line in even one single J J colony,” Upadhyay claimed.
“AAP is just shedding crocodile tears in the name of people of Delhi. They (AAP) are just trying to save their political existence. If they really care for people of Delhi than why did they form government with the support of Congress Party,” Delhi BJP general secretaries and MP Ramesh Bidhuri said in a statement.
He also alleged that even after spending lakhs on publicity, AAP could attract a motley crowd of around 3,500 people.