Delhi BJP on Sunday demanded the dismissal of Sheila Dikshit as Governor of Kerala in the wake of scathing remarks by the CAG over alleged irregularities in the development works in unauthorised colonies.
“We have urged Lt Governor to write to Central Government to relieve Sheila Dikshit as the Kerala Governor. Besides, BJP has also called upon LG to direct the concerned departments of Delhi government to lodge police cases against the former Delhi Chief Minister,” Delhi BJP chief Satish Upadhyay said.
He claimed that the Sheila Dikshit government had indulged in corruption even in 2012-13, her last year before elections.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
“Citizen of Delhi can well understand that if a government can indulge in corruption in its last year what they must have done in their 15 years rule,” Upadhyay alleged.
The Delhi BJP chief also said that a special meeting of party leaders was held to discuss the CAG report and expressed that it was the matter of grave concern that Congress Government all along in the tenure “fooled the people” of unauthorised colonies.
“Before 2008 elections, hollow Regularisation Certificates were distributed, then dreams of opening registry were shown even as no development work was done on ground and now, this CAG report has shocked people that in 2012-13 alone a scam of Rs 3,000 crore was done in the name of development work in the unauthorised colonies,” Upadhyay alleged.
He also said that similarly DSIIDC spent Rs 206 crore on laying of roads in colonies where the roads were later dug up for laying of sewer and water lines.
“The work of laying water lines and drainage in JJ colonies too saw major scams. Of the listed 685 JJ colonies, CAG could find water lines in only 158 colonies and even as Rs 49 crore were shown to have been spent on providing drainage, CAG could not find drainage line in even one single J J colony,” Upadhyay claimed.
“AAP is just shedding crocodile tears in the name of people of Delhi. They (AAP) are just trying to save their political existence. If they really care for people of Delhi than why did they form government with the support of Congress Party,” Delhi BJP general secretaries and MP Ramesh Bidhuri said in a statement.
He also alleged that even after spending lakhs on publicity, AAP could attract a motley crowd of around 3,500 people.