An unidentified gunman opened fire at Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) MLA from Shahdara, Jeetendra Singh Shunty, outside his house in east Delhi’s Vivek Vihar area early on Wednesday morning, police said. Fortunately, Shunty escaped unhurt as the bullets narrowly missed him.
The whole incident was caught on CCTV. The incident took place at around 5:30 AM when the man reached Shunty’s residence and repeatedly rang the bell.
“As Shunty went out to check, the man who was wearing a helmet told him that he wanted to get some documents attested,” said a police official.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
As the BJP MLA took the documents from him and was about to go inside the house to attest them, the attacker whipped out a pistol.
Seeing the weapon, Shunty tried to prevent him from opening fire and had a scuffle with him but the gunman managed to fire three to four shots at him, which missed Shunty by a whisker, the official said.
The attacker then fled from the scene and police was informed about the incident.
The BJP MLA told police that he could not identify the assailant as he was wearing a helmet.
Delhi Police’s FSL and Crime Team have reached the spot and begun investigation into the case.
Empty cartridges were recovered from the lane outside Shunty’s residence where the incident took place.
Senior officials including DCP Ajay Kumar and Joint Commissioner Sanjay Beniwal have also reached the crime scene.
Investigators are also examining the CCTV footage for more leads in the case.