A delegation of representatives of the Taipei Economic and Cultural Centre of Taiwan Embassy counterpart of India, led by C K Tayin, met Delhi unit chief Satish Upadhyay on behalf of the ruling party of Taiwan and invited the BJP to visit their country. A delegation of the Delhi BJP unit is expected to visit Taiwan in November.
“On behalf of the government of Taiwan, Tayin invited a delegation of Delhi BJP to visit Taiwan,” a statement issued by the party said. As both the leaders discussed cultural and political similarities between Taiwan and India, senior leaders in the party believe that this was an attempt by Taiwan to warm up to India’s politically.
“They may have invited the Delhi BJP chief to witness sanitation system and infrastructure, but the underlying theme of the meeting was political. They also discussed PM Narendra Modi’s visit to Taiwan in 1999,” a senior party leader said.
“Tayin told Upadhyay that it was a matter of pleasure when in 1999, the BJP-led government was formed in India and Narendra Modi visited Taiwan leading a high-level delegation of the BJP. Now, after formation of his government this year, the Taiwan government has established a steel plant at the cost of Rs 120 crore in Gujarat. Besides this, the Taiwan government has approved heavy investment in various states in India.
Tayin told Upadhyay that the projects on IT and communication between the capital of Taiwan and Delhi could be taken up,” the statement issued by the Delhi unit chief said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More