A three-year-old boy was killed and three others, including two minors, injured after the balcony of a house collapsed in Chaura village, Noida Sector 22.
Police said the incident took place on Sunday evening around 5.30 pm. The balcony was being repaired and the three children —Vani (7), Vansh (5), Himanshu (3) — were playing at the spot when it collapsed.
A youth identified as Satish, who was passing below the house just then, also got trapped beneath the rubble.
- Strong earthquake hits Iraq and Iran, killing at least 332
- Bangalore: At least seven killed in house collapse, many feared trapped
- Man stabs ex-wife, jumps to death from balcony in Rohini
- Ranhola: Trapped in car for nine hours, two kids die
- Mexico navy official: No missing child in collapsed school
- Bareilly: 3 killed, 24 injured in balcony collapse
Police said the three children were siblings and had come with their mother Neetu to the village to visit relatives.
“After the incident, neighbours gathered and dug through the rubble to rescue the four trapped underneath. They were rushed to the nearby ESI hospital and from there, were referred to a private hospital in Sector 27. But Himanshu did not survive,” a senior officer said.
Police said the other three are critically injured and are presently in the ICU. Deputy SP Anup Singh said no case has been lodged in the matter as yet.