The Aam Aadmi Party has made it clear that forming the government in New Delhi is a matter of prestige and they’ve decided not to contest in the forthcoming Assembly elections in Haryana, Maharashtra, J&K and Jharkhand.
This was announced by AAP convener and former Delhi chief minister Arvind Kejriwal while concluding the three-day national executive body’s meet at Sunam on Sunday evening. Kejriwal said that a thorough discussion was done on whether to contest the assembly elections in the above mentioned states, but finally it was decided to focus on Delhi only. Kejriwal added, “We had fulfilled a number of promises done with the masses in our 49-days of government and a number of other promises are yet to be fulfilled. So our team will be working hard for all that.”
It needs to be mentioned that AAP hasn’t performed well in the Lok Sabha election in the above mentioned states. Even in Delhi, they were placed second in all the constituencies. Perhaps this was also an important reason to focus only on New Delhi.
In the three-day meet, the party had focused on issues other than corruption and these included health, infrastructure, education, rural development etc. A total of 31 issues were taken up in the executive body’s meet.
Kejriwal again thanked people of Punjab for a warm response in the Lok Sabha elections as Punjab was the only place from where their four MPs reached Parliament. He said, “We will be holding the next meeting of our national executive body’s meet in December and the venue is yet to be decided.”
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
Kejriwal also attended a function organised by Shaheed Udham Singh Club in Sunam late evening. Party chief Kejriwal was in a hurry to wind up his address to the media persons as he spoke for 3-4 minutes and later when media persons started asking questions, he evaded a few and sat in the bus meant for the leaders. He stated that he had to reach Sangrur for some other engagements.
No word on infighting
While Kejriwal called AAP as the only alternative before Punjab’s residents, but he remained mum on infighting among AAP candidates in many districts. Continuing his attack on Lt. Governor of Delhi Najeeb Jung, Kejriwal said that he is influenced by BJP and this was the reason that re-election of Delhi assembly was not being announced.