In a particularly ugly incident of road rage, the wife of a senior government officer was allegedly molested by four men in south Delhi’s Hauz Khas Wednesday night, after their vehicle rammed the car she and her family were travelling in.
The men, who have since been arrested, allegedly refused to stop even after a police patrol reached the spot. They allegedly threatened the policemen of dire consequences and “flaunted their high-profile connections.”
The woman’s husband, a resident of Asiad Village, told The Indian Express that the incident took place while he and his wife were on their way to drop their daughter, who was leaving for a school trip abroad, at the Indira Gandhi International Airport Wednesday night.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
“When we reached Khel Gaon Marg near Siri Fort Auditorium, the vehicle of the accused rammed my car. When my wife got out of the car to check the damage, the accused started misbehaving with her and passed lewd comments… all of them were drunk,” he said.
“I requested them to mind their language, but they started abusing my family members. Suddenly, I saw a police patrol on a motorcycle and shouted for help. The two policemen, Sub-Inspector Sachin and Constable Chander, tried to help us, but the accused didn’t stop… I then called the police control room. One of the accused started threatening us and the policemen,” he said.
The officer said the accused called up their friends and within minutes, almost 20 people arrived at the spot.
“One of the men started recording a video of my wife. When I objected, they pushed me and misbehaved with me. They also screamed at my daughter… when we protested, they became aggressive and started mocking us, daring us to take action against them. When my wife tried to intervene, they misbehaved and claimed to have high-profile connections,” he said.
The accused have been identified as Sagar Pawar, Mandeep Pawar, Rahul and Sagar, said Additional Deputy Commissioner of Police (south) Nupur Prasad. All of them are residents of Shapur Jat area, said police.
“A case under sections 279/354A/509/506/34 has been registered at Hauz Khas police station. Further investigations are underway,” added Prasad.