A 90-year-old man was found with the decomposed body of his wife inside his home in southeast Delhi’s Kalkaji area on Sunday evening. According to police, the matter came to light after a neighbour detected a foul smell from the house of Govind Ram. Finding the door open, he entered the house and found Ram sleeping on the bed and the decomposed body of his wife lying on the floor, said an officer. The neighbour then informed police and took Ram to a private hospital in Safdarjung.
Police said Ram’s condition is critical and has been put on ventilator support. “It seems his wife died at least three days ago,” added the officer. “He used to work with a multinational company as an office boy. Since retirement, he and his wife, Gopi, survived on his private monthly pension,” said the officer.
Police said the couple had no children and nobody else lived in the one-room DDA flat. Neighbours said they never interacted with anyone, and nobody had seen them for the past few days.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage