A 60-year-old man allegedly killed his wife after stabbing her thrice inside their car in south Delhi’s Anand Niketan area Wednesday morning. Preliminary investigation revealed that the accused was in an inebriated condition and stabbed his 59-year-old wife after a heated argument. A case has been registered at South Campus police station and the accused has been arrested.
Watch What Else Is Making News
Additional DCP (south district) Nupur Parsad said the incident took place on Wednesday morning, when the accused, Mukesh Monga, was in his car with his wife, Manju Monga. The couple lived in Hari Nagar with their two children. Mukesh worked as a manager for a music school in Anand Niketan area, while Manju worked at a boutique.
“The couple were sitting in their car when an argument broke out. Initially, there was a minor scuffle and I thought it was a personal matter, but suddenly the old man started hitting the woman with a sharp-edged weapon, after which I rushed towards the car. He tried to escape, but was caught by a PCR van,” said security guard Rajkumar, who was present at the spot.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Locals found the woman’s body in a pool of blood with stab wounds. “Investigation revealed that Mukesh had kept the murder weapon under his seat,” Prasad said. Police said Mukesh told them that he suspected his wife of being “over-friendly” with a man and that angered him.
The couple’s daughter, Vartika, said her mother had suffered domestic abuse in the past. “My mother was going to office and I asked her to take a cab, but he convinced her that he would drop her to office. She didn’t leave him despite domestic violence…,” Vartika said.
Sanket Jain is an intern with The Indian Express