Delhi: 20-year-old dies while putting up fairy lights

Police said they received a call at 8 pm on Saturday from Mata Chanan Devi Hospital. “We found that Raju Thakur was putting up an electric ladi at his house when he was electrocuted.

By: Express News Service | New Delhi | Published:November 1, 2016 3:28 am

A 20-year-old engineering student was electrocuted a day before Diwali while putting up fairy lights at his residence in southwest Delhi’s Bindapur area.

Police said they received a call at 8 pm on Saturday from Mata Chanan Devi Hospital. “We found that Raju Thakur was putting up an electric ladi at his house when he was electrocuted. An autopsy was conducted at DDU Hospital,” said DCP, South West.

Elsewhere, items worth crores were damaged in outer Delhi’s Narela Monday evening when a shoe factory caught fire. No casualty was reported but attempts to douse the fire continued till late. The fire broke out at 4.25 pm on the first floor of the building. At least 25 fire tenders were pressed into service. A Delhi Fire Service official said, “No casualty has been reported.”