A 14-year-old girl from the Northeastern state of Manipur was allegedly raped by her landlord’s son in South Delhi’s Munirka area.
The accused identified as Vicky has been arrested after an FIR was registered under Protection of Children from Sexual Offences (POCSO) Act at Vasant Vihar Police Station, police said.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
However, the incident, which comes close on the heels of the death of an Arunachal Pradesh youth Nido Taniam, sparked off protests outside the police station with students groups from the Northeast blocking the road and clashing with the police following which traffic was diverted in the area.
The demonstrators raised anti-police slogans and also tried to barge into the police station.
Later, Delhi Commission of Women Chairperson Barkha Singh reached the spot and spoke to protesters. She also held a meeting with senior police officials in this regard.
“An accused has been arrested in the case. The girl is out of danger, her medical examination was also done. We are looking into the case and we will go to any extent to make sure that the perpetrators in this case are hanged. It is very shameful and unfortunate that she was raped in the same area where she lived by her landlord’s son,” Singh told reporters.
According to a police official, the incident took place last night at around 10:30 PM when the victim stepped out to buy some household items in the locality. Vicky accosted her in front of a hospital in the area and took her to a nearby room and raped her.”
The girl has suffered injuries and was taken to Safdarjung Hospital where she underwent a medical examination. She is now being treated for injuries, police said.