Ten persons were arrested for allegedly assaulting employees of a toll plaza in south Delhi’s Fatehpur Beri area and vandalising the place, said police Friday. The accused were reportedly angry that the toll plaza staff were charging money from their trucks, police added.
The alleged assault and vandalism took occurred Wednesday morning at 8 and the accused were arrested the following day, said police. “The accused persons were named in the FIR. All were arrested from Aya Nagar. A few more names have surfaced during probe and they will be arrested soon,” the officer added.
According to the FIR, lodged on the complaint of the toll plaza shift in-charge, Baikunth Tiwari, “At least 25-30 persons came towards Delhi-side in cars. They were carrying rods and sticks. First, they vandalised three Mahindra Boleros of the plaza and then they uprooted the barriers and also beat up two staff members, Pappu and Rahul.”
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
The complainant also alleged, “The attackers threatened us for charging NGT tax or toll from their trucks. They also let 18 to 20 trucks pass towards Gurgaon without paying toll. ” After the attack, Tiwari alerted police.