“We met L-G and explained to him the current political situation and also possible horse trading which may take place. Such a government will do no good,” AAP MLA and former Delhi Law Minister Somnath Bharti told reporters here.
Bharti said the L-G told them that he would talk to both the Congress and BJP and soon send a report on the matter to the President. Soon after the meeting, Kejriwal tweeted, “Met LG. Had good discussions. He will now invite BJP for discussions. If BJP claims they can form govt, LG will ask them to show nos.
“We told him that delay in dissolving assembly was encouraging horse trading,” Kejriwal said. AAP had yesterday claimed that BJP was “running away” from fresh elections in the national capital and also questioned Congress’s “silence” over whether or not it wants
the Delhi Assembly to be dissolved.
“The double-meaning statements and consistent U-turns by BJP on the current political situation in Delhi makes it clear that it is running away from fresh elections and wants to resort to the ‘Aaya Ram, Gaya Ram’ culture, against which Supreme Court had warned on April 17 of this year,” an AAP spokesperson had said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
On the other hand, Congress’s silence on whether it is willing to officially communicate in writing to the Lt Governor and Supreme Court that Delhi Assembly should be dissolved proves that it is indirectly supporting BJP’s ‘Aya Ram, Gaya Ram’ brand of politics, he had said.
AAP said that during the hearing of its petition challenging the central government’s decision to keep the Delhi Assembly in suspended animation instead of dissolving it, Supreme Court had observed on April 17 that, “Nothing should be done which facilitates ‘Aaya Ram, Gaya Ram’ (or horse-trading brand of politics) in the Assembly.”