The juvenile accused in the December 16 gangrape and murder of 23-year-old paramedical student denied all the charges against him on Wednesday claiming that he was not a participant in the crime.
Pleading innocence before the Juvenile Justice Board (JJB) presided by Principal Magistrate Geetanjali Goel,the youth refuted the police version in the chargesheet of him being the most brutal of all the six accused.
The juvenile accused claimed that he was not a participant in the crime and said he had been falsely implicated in the case.
The juvenile claimed innocence when the Board put before him the evidence collected by the police. He said he was himself victimised by his employer and prime accused Ram Singh,who he claimed did not pay him for his work.
A native of Uttar Pradesh who moved to Delhi at the age of 11 and took up menial jobs,the juvenile was one of the six accused persons arrested after the gangrape of the girl in a moving bus in which the victims friend was also assaulted.
The juvenile is facing trial before the JJB while the four adult co-accused are being tried before a fast-track court.
The Board has recorded the statement of all the six prosecution witnesses against the juvenile. Meanwhile,the fast-track court has also completed recording of statement of all the 80 prosecution witnesses.
The Juvenile Justice Board has now fixed the matter for July 5 for final arguments. The paramedic and her 28-year-old friend were assaulted and beaten and the girl was repeatedly raped when they boarded a bus after a visit to the cinema. She died two weeks later in a Singapore hospital.
Ram Singh was found hanging in Tihar jail in March and the proceedings against him stand abated. Besides him,four adult accused facing trial in the case are Mukesh,Pawan Gupta,Vinay Sharma and Akshay Thakur.
They have been charged with gangrape,murder,criminal conspiracy,unnatural sex and robbery,besides other sections of IPC and their trial is on in a fast-track court.