Death due to malnutrition has become a grim reality in the national capital as the data from the Delhi government reports 135 children dead between 2009-2012.
According to the report of the Directorate of Economics and Statistics Office of Chief Registrar of the Delhi government, there has been a spurt in the number of deaths among children upto the age of 14 years since 2009.
Two deaths were reported in 2009 followed by 14 deaths in 2010.
In 2011, the number of deaths due to malnutrition among children went up to 54 and in 2012 it further rose to 65, as per the annual birth and death reports.
Another report by department of woman and child development revealed that the number of cases of severely malnourished children increased three times in the period between April 2012 and January 2014, officials said.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
In April, 2012, around 64 children were reported to be severely malnourished while till January 2014, the figure went up to 2731, recording highest in December 2013 with 216 children found severely malnourished.