Of the 632 shops in shopping complexes constructed by DDA, many have remained unsold for almost 20 years, Union Urban Development minister M Venkaiah Naidu informed the Lok Sabha on Wednesday.
These include 298 shops in general category (east zone — 111, south zone — 47, west zone — 140) which have remained vacant for around 15-20 years. Another 111 shops in general category and 223 in reserved category have been vacant since 2011-12, the minister said.
Naidu said, henceforth, shops under general category will be disposed of by the DDA through e-auctioning to ensure transparency and wider public response.
DDA vice-chairman Balvinder Kumar announced a revision in the policy of temporary allotment of land for social functions, in order to check continued misuse of such sites by vested interests. “One of the main modifications is to auction 15 sites in prime locations which have been used continuously for marriage purposes. These sites were identified after a survey by DDA staff and after ascertaining the booking pattern of these sites. Auctions will be done within a period of two months. Until the auction is conducted, the sites will continue to be allotted as per revised policy,” an official said.
One of the changes is to limit the area of allotment of function sites to 2,000 sq mts. The period of booking has also been increased — booking will now be done 120 days in advance (as against the present period of 90 days). Single security rates will be charged for bookings done up to 60 days in advance. For bookings done after 60 days, rate of security deposit will be doubled, an official said.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
“All payments for bookings shall be accepted online only. All tent-house owners and event managers have to get themselves registered with the contractor registration board of the DDA,” the official said.