An 11-year-old Dalit girl was found hanging from a tree in Jewar village of Greater Noida on Wednesday. The girls relatives alleged she was raped before being murdered but police denied she had been sexually assaulted.
The victims family alleged even though the police were informed on Tuesday that she had been missing,they didnt look for her until the next day.
The police said the victim was from Haryana and had come to visit her uncle’s house in Jewar. She had gone to visit a fair in Jewar. Then she went missing, a police officer said.
The police said villagers found the girl hanging from a tree around 7.30 am on Wednesday.
An FIR was lodged against unknown persons for murder and the body sent for postmortem.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
The medical report is in. The girl was not sexually assaulted, Preetinder Singh,SSP,Gautam Budh Nagar,said.
The incident fuelled tension in the area as angry residents gathered in front of the local police station to protest the incident.
Villagers also blocked the Jewar road. All shops remained closed in the area and the police said villagers also tried to block the Yamuna Expressway.