An 11-year-old Dalit girl was found hanging from a tree in Jewar village of Greater Noida on Wednesday. The girls relatives alleged she was raped before being murdered but police denied she had been sexually assaulted.
The victims family alleged even though the police were informed on Tuesday that she had been missing,they didnt look for her until the next day.
The police said the victim was from Haryana and had come to visit her uncle’s house in Jewar. She had gone to visit a fair in Jewar. Then she went missing, a police officer said.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
The police said villagers found the girl hanging from a tree around 7.30 am on Wednesday.
An FIR was lodged against unknown persons for murder and the body sent for postmortem.
The medical report is in. The girl was not sexually assaulted, Preetinder Singh,SSP,Gautam Budh Nagar,said.
The incident fuelled tension in the area as angry residents gathered in front of the local police station to protest the incident.
Villagers also blocked the Jewar road. All shops remained closed in the area and the police said villagers also tried to block the Yamuna Expressway.