- Anti-Sterlite protests HIGHLIGHTS: Tamil Nadu govt orders suspension of internet services in Tuticorin, adjoining districts
- Kolkata Knight Riders beat Rajasthan Royals by 25 runs, play Sunrisers Hyderabad in the second qualifier
- Day after 11 protesters killed, Madras HC stays expansion of Vedanta's Sterlite plant in Tuticorin
A 37-year-old man was killed and his 65-year-old father was injured after four men on motorcycles opened fire at them in Sadarpur village of Ghaziabad, said police Monday. The shooting occurred late Sunday night.
Police said Dhiraj and his father Jagveer were targeted over a financial dispute. Jagveer is battling for life in hospital, police added. “The two men were on their way home from work when they were stopped by four men on motorcycles who shot at them. While Dhiraj was grievously injured and succumbed to injuries, his father has sustained bullet injuries and is undergoing treatment.
- Indonesia: Suicide bombers strike police headquarters in Surabaya; one killed
- Meerut: Two killed in robbery attempt
- Noida: 19-year-old hires men to kill father, held
- Ghaziabad: After shootout with police, five held for trying to kill journalist
- UP rights panel probes 4 encounters with 1 FIR script: Suspects on bikes fired at cops
- Delhi: 25-year-old killed, father injured trying to stop carjacking bid
The family of the victims have accused four men. There was a dispute over moneylending and an FIR has been registered. We are investigating the matter and arrests will be made soon,” said a senior police officer.