A city court last week directed Delhi Police to register an FIR against an assistant sub-inspector for allegedly raping a woman and blackmailing her with a video recording of the incident.
According to the complaint submitted before Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Tarun Yogesh, the woman met the ASI for the first time at the Ambedkar Nagar police station.
She claimed that the ASI got friendly with her and allegedly forced her into a physical relationship by promising to marry her.
In her complaint, the woman said the ASI kept “raping” her for a prolonged period of time.
In December last year, she told police, the ASI allegedly refused to marry her.
He also allegedly threatened to show the video recording of their intercourse to her family if she insisted on getting married, the complainant told police.
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
In light of the “gravity of allegations against an officer in uniform”, ACMM Tarun Yogesh has directed the SHO of Saket police station to register an FIR against the ASI. It has directed the concerned ACP to supervise the investigation in the case.
“Considering allegations of rape and criminal extortion by retaining the video recording of sexual intercourse against accused, I am of the considered opinion that present matter requires scientific and specialised investigation…,”the ACMM held.
“It is further directed that investigation of the case should be conducted by an officer of the rank of Inspector, preferably by a lady officer and shall be carried under the direct supervision of ACP (assistant commissioner of police) concerned,” ACMM Yogesh held.