A Delhi court acquitted a youth of charges of kidnapping and raping his cousin, noting that the cousin was voluntarily staying with him as his wife and was a “consenting” party to the sexual relations.
Acquitting the youth, a resident of Uttar Pradesh, the court of Additional Sessions Judge Virender Bhat said, “I find that there is overwhelming evidence on record to suggest that the girl had accompanied the accused on her own will, was staying voluntarily with him as his wife at various places including Lucknow and was a consenting party to the sexual intercourse with him.”
The court also freed the youth’s sister and her husband of the charges under Sections 344 (wrongfully confining for three or more days), 506 (criminal intimidation) and 34 (common intention) of the IPC.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
The court noted that there was lack of clinching evidence to suggest that the girl had been forced to marry the youth. According to police, the girl was kidnapped by her cousin on December 9, 2010, from her house in Delhi, where she was staying with her brothers. Police claimed that the youth had then taken her to his native village in Lucknow.
“With the help of his sister and her husband, the youth forcefully married her and repeatedly raped her,” the prosecution had told the court.
The girl’s brother located her in Lucknow and brought her back. Thereafter, they informed police.