A sessions court has convicted a man and his wife of beating up a court official when the latter went to their house for serving summons in 2009.
Jai Bhagwan, an employee at Tis Hazari Courts, had gone to the house of Sanjeev and Neelam to deliver summons. According to his complaint, both of them refused to accept the summons and beat him up.
In his testimony before the court, Bhagwan alleged that Neelam caught hold of his hands while her husband punched him on the nose. Bhagwan then called police and was taken to DDU Hospital for treatment.
In their defence, the couple said Bhagwan had misbehaved with Neelam, which is why Sanjeev got into a scuffle with the court employee. They also claimed that Bhagwan was beaten up by passersby, who had come to the couple’s rescue after their calls for help.
However, Additional Sessions Judge Gautam Manan refused to accept the defence arguments on the grounds that there was no evidence to back their allegation.
“There is absolutely no evidence on record which could suggest that the complainant was guilty of making vulgar remarks against the accused Neelam, nor the defence has been able to explain who were the persons who gathered at the spot when the accused Neelam raised alarm for seeking help… If at all the complainant had done anything wrong, then the natural course available for the accused was to call police, but the facts of the case establishes it otherwise,” ASJ Manan observed, while sentencing the couple to imprisonment and imposing a fine of Rs 25,000 on them.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More