In first public remarks after being routed in the Assembly elections, former chief minister Sheila Dikshit on Wednesday said she could tell “something is wrong” in the final run-up to the vote.
“Towards the end of campaigning, in the last three or four days, you could see that the eyes of the voter were not warm enough, questioning… you know something is wrong,” she told students of the Delhi College of Arts and Commerce at its annual festival.
“Perhaps there was a desire for change. People were misled and we were not able to counter it as effectively as we should have, even within my party, and even otherwise,” Dikshit said.
Referring to her Congress government in Delhi and to the one led by the party at the Centre, she said both governments were not able to articulate the message of their achievements to the people. “That’s the failure and the lesson. You need to work and crow about it too,” she said.
Calling the Assembly elections “unusual and memorable”, Dikshit said though the media did not “hurt” the Congress, it “certainly played up the new phenomenon — Arvind Kejriwal”.
She slammed the Kejriwal government: “We knew they didn’t have a feel of Delhi’s administrative functioning… They made impossible promises to people and their lies are coming out now.” By pushing the Jan Lokpal Bill, the government, was “confusing” the people, she said. “Ask Kejriwal is he the only crusader?”
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More