A 17-year-old Delhi boy who went missing 14 months ago was found in Srinagar after police tracked the IP address of his Facebook account, said sources. The boy told the police he ran away from home because his father used to drink and beat him, the sources added. In Srinagar, the boy worked with a rice merchant, Ishteyak Ahmad. The boy was brought back to Delhi, said police.
The boy went missing on May 9 last year from Khajuri Khas area in north-east Delhi, said police. He continued accessing his Facebook account and used to chat with his elder brother. Police started tracking the boy through the IP address.
- 17 year old missing from Thane found dead in Matheran
- Hardlook: To save a child
- Class 11 student goes missing in Jammu, traced in Himachal
- Sexual assault on visually-impaired children: Delhi Police hand over case diary of British national to CBI
- Basirhat violence over Facebook post: Charges framed against two minors
- Basirhat communal violence: Man arrested in Delhi
“The IP addresses provided by Facebook were found to be of different mobile numbers used to access the account of the missing boy. The call details and CAF (customer acquisition form) of these mobile numbers were found to be from Srinagar,” said Ravindra Yadav JCP Crime.