A day after a 52-year-old R&AW officer, his wife and two children were found dead in their residence in South Delhi’s Sadiq Nagar, police on Sunday recorded the statements of five relatives of the officer.
Police said Annaya Chakraborty, a field officer with R&AW, had hardly met any relative in three years. One relative told police that Chakraborty had attended a function in Kolkata six months ago but came only for a day.
His body was found hanging while those of his wife Jayshree (47), son Arnab (17) and daughter Disha (11) were found in a pool of blood in one of the rooms. Police suspect Chakraborty killed his wife and children before committing suicide.
“May be he did it in a fit of rage. But we don’t know. We are trying to piece together the sequence of events and find out what was the trigger. We are talking to relatives and colleagues. We have accessed the call detail records of Annanya and his wife, but found nothing significant,” a police officer said.
Police said so far they have not found any lead or evidence supporting the involvement of any outsider. “Both doors of the flat were locked from inside. An FSL team inspected the crime scene and ruled out the presence of a fifth person, apart from the four who died, inside the house at the time. It appears Annanya first killed his children, then his wife and then hanged himself from a ceiling fan,” the officer said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Police have recovered a blood-soaked hammer and a knife from the crime spot.
The bodies have been kept in a morgue and their autopsies will be conducted at Safdarjung Hospital on Monday. A special medical board will conduct the post-mortem examination, police said.
Chakraborty, police said, was earlier posted in Kolkata. He hailed from Odisha while his wife was from Kolkata. Jayshree had been teaching at Lady Irwin School for the past two months. Arnab and Disha were students of Kendriya Vidyalaya in Masjid Moth. Arnab’s classmate, who came to the spot after he heard about the incident, said Arnab had recently been made the headboy in the school.