A day after a 52-year-old R&AW officer, his wife and two children were found dead in their residence in South Delhi’s Sadiq Nagar, police on Sunday recorded the statements of five relatives of the officer.
Police said Annaya Chakraborty, a field officer with R&AW, had hardly met any relative in three years. One relative told police that Chakraborty had attended a function in Kolkata six months ago but came only for a day.
His body was found hanging while those of his wife Jayshree (47), son Arnab (17) and daughter Disha (11) were found in a pool of blood in one of the rooms. Police suspect Chakraborty killed his wife and children before committing suicide.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
“May be he did it in a fit of rage. But we don’t know. We are trying to piece together the sequence of events and find out what was the trigger. We are talking to relatives and colleagues. We have accessed the call detail records of Annanya and his wife, but found nothing significant,” a police officer said.
Police said so far they have not found any lead or evidence supporting the involvement of any outsider. “Both doors of the flat were locked from inside. An FSL team inspected the crime scene and ruled out the presence of a fifth person, apart from the four who died, inside the house at the time. It appears Annanya first killed his children, then his wife and then hanged himself from a ceiling fan,” the officer said.
Police have recovered a blood-soaked hammer and a knife from the crime spot.
The bodies have been kept in a morgue and their autopsies will be conducted at Safdarjung Hospital on Monday. A special medical board will conduct the post-mortem examination, police said.
Chakraborty, police said, was earlier posted in Kolkata. He hailed from Odisha while his wife was from Kolkata. Jayshree had been teaching at Lady Irwin School for the past two months. Arnab and Disha were students of Kendriya Vidyalaya in Masjid Moth. Arnab’s classmate, who came to the spot after he heard about the incident, said Arnab had recently been made the headboy in the school.