More than a month after former Delhi chief minister Arvind Kejriwal’s protest led to a police officer being asked to go on leave, the officer is yet to rejoin duty. After former Law Minister Somnath Bharti’s midnight raid at Khirki Extension when police refused to force entry into an African national’s house, Kejriwal had demanded Inspector Vijay Pal’s suspension.
Pal, who was posted as the Station House Officer of the Malviya Nagar police station, had earlier led a crackdown against foreign nationals, mostly Africans who had been staying in Malviya Nagar without proper documents.
Inspector Pal was supposed to join last week, but he had not reported for duty till Monday. South district police have given the temporary charge of SHO Malviya Nagar to the Additional SHO of Mehrauli police station. Sources said Pal had applied for a month’s medical leave and that he would soon be given the charge of another unit.
Meanwhile, two sub-inspectors, who had been transferred to the Anti Corruption Branch during the tenure of the AAP government, have now been asked to report back to Delhi Police. Sources said one of the sub-inspectors had an inquiry pending while the other had received “censure” as formal punishment a few years ago.
Two inspectors who were with the Anti Corruption Branch earlier have been transferred back to the Delhi Traffic Police. The order for the transfer of Inspectors Krishan Pal Singh and Sanjeev Tyagi was issued on Monday.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More